Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, Bucknell University, Lewisburg, PA
- Served on a small project team to help conceive, organize and write a grant for a digital scholarship initiative at Bucknell. Awarded $700,000
McGregor Project, The College of Wooster, Wooster OH
- Co-authored a $250,000 grant from the McGregor Fund for the creation of a undergraduate research center and program focused on technology, research and rhetoric
Hewlett-Mellon Presidential Discretionary Fund, The College of Wooster, Wooster, OH summers 2009, 2010
- Awarded $18,250 each year to implement a new Instructional Technology Faculty Fellows Program
President’s Entrepreneurial Grant, Washington & Jefferson College, Washington, PA summer 2007
- Awarded $2500 to begin development of a partnership between W&J and the Washington County Historical Society. Project goal is for students to help digitize historic letters written to prominent abolitionist Julius Francis LeMoyne.
William C. Friday Fellowship, Cary Academy, Cary NC summer 2003
- Awarded $3000 to develop an online resource center for the teaching of architectural history
National Endowment for the Humanities summer fellowship, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, 2002. “Architectural Inheritances: Studies in the Meanings and Legacy of Classical Architecture,” A four week seminar for teachers
- Research Project: An Architectural History of the People’s National Bank Building, Charlottesville, VA.